Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa brought two sick babies for Christmas....


Well we kept our doctor's appointment that was scheduled for last night... Joe and I rushed out of bed this morning after a very long night with Parker last night. He struggled to breathe all night. His cough is getting so deep and after each cough he just cries in pain. He turns blue as if he can't oxygenate his little body. I cry everytime he does this.... I have feared the RSV virus ever since Audrey and Parker's birth.... I new that if I didn't get them to the doctor that they would only get more sick...


We dressed the babies in their red and white stripped santa outfits, bundled them blankets and loaded them in the car... Both babies so sick. Parkers temperature this morning was 102.3 axillary... The poor baby is so sick. Dr. Cohen got us right in at 9 am... He listened to Parker's lungs and said he is definitely wheezing... He was pretty sure that he had RSV... Dr. Cohen asked if was having any apnea... I said I noticed he turned blue after his coughing spells...


HOSPITALIZATION - not what we were expecting on our dear baby boy's first christmas... Audrey has also started to cough and wheeze.. The doctor wants to watch her and not admit her unless we absolutely have to... I walked from the doctor's office over to the Hospital and we were admitted into a little room. I felt so claustraphobic... but all I was worried about was how sick my baby boy was at this time. He wouldn't even wake up... Hey struggled to breathe...


As soon as we got into our room a respiratory therapist came in and gave Parker a treatment... He coughed and cried through the entire thing... It was so depressing...


Next a IV nurse came in... Parker was stuck three times and finally a good IV was placed...He never moved or even made a noise with the IV stick... My poor baby is so sick...


I finally was able to feed my poor baby.. Joe went to the main desk to register the babies... I spent the time in the room getting comfortable.. Aunt Angie came to visit and help calm me and the babies... Papa and Grandma came after spending time with the babies... Uncle Troy called... I shared what was going on... He and Aunt Ashlee got in the car and drove straight up from Indy...


Parker is so loved... Lets get him on the mend...

No comments:

Post a Comment